Submit Your Parade Entry!
Rules to participate in the parade (and to win a Prize Pizza Party!)
- Submissions must be in video format and may be posted on Facebook or Instagram
- To submit a video, contestants should post their in-office or Zoom Pride parade on Facebook or Instagram and tag THP accordingly
- We will post a confirmatory comment on all properly submitted videos that include our official hashtag: #THPPride2021
- Submissions will be accepted beginning June 1 and ending June 26
- THP staff will vote on submissions and the winner will receive pizza for up to 50 people
- The winner will be announced during a Wellness Wednesday livecast on Wednesday, June 30th on our Facebook page followed by a congratulations post on Facebook and Instagram
- ALL entrants who participate consent to have part or all of their video used in a THP Pride Parade special to be posted on our social media pages
- After the winner is announced, we will contact them to schedule the pizza delivery and discuss details (e.g. time and date, dietary restrictions, etc.)
Call to Action: Being a Better Ally to LGBTQ+ People
- Be a better listener.
- Be open-minded.
- Be willing to talk.
- Be inclusive: Define what this means and what this looks like. Inclusivity should have a positive, meaningful impact.
- Stay Informed: If you don’t know the difference between sex and gender, or current LGBTQ+ news and issues, educate yourself.
- Don’t make assumptions. Don’t assume people are straight.
- Speak Up: Anti-LGBTQ+ comments and jokes are harmful. Let your friends, family and co-workers know that you find them offensive and hold them accountable.
- Defend LGBTQ+ people against stigmatizing and discriminatory behaviors, polices, practices, and laws.
- Be Honest: Speak openly with family members, friends, and colleagues who are LGBTQ+.
- Support Equality: Support policies at school, work, or other places that help protect LGBTQ+ people from discrimination. Even if the issues seem small, they can have a big impact on people’s lives and can lead to violence and harm.
- Confront your own prejudices and bias, even if it is uncomfortable to do so.
- Normalize use of pronouns. Adding pronouns to introductions, meetings, email signatures, social media, and other platforms.
- Believe that all people, regardless of gender identity and sexual orientation, should be treated with dignity and respect.
- Report misrepresentation or misinformation about LGBTQ+ people.
- Come Out as an Ally: Be proud to support the LGBTQ+ community.